If you’re a Christian and you’ve noticed the you’ve lost your fire, then it’s time to get it back.
Recently, while seeking God about this very thing, he spoke very clearly about how to remedy the situation.You see, there was a time when my heart was so consumed with passion and zeal for my God and King that I prayed and worshiped continually – even in my sleep.
In recent years that amazing fire has died down and I want what I once had so desperately, that I’m willing to pay the price.
What I have right now is a small fire that’s growing, but back then my heart and soul burned with a raging fire. That’s what I’m seeking again – Father God, set my heart on fire with zeal for your Kingdom.
So, what did the Lord say to me?
He reminded me that when I was first born again, I took hold of my identity in Christ so completely because I was surrounded by people who couldn’t stop talking about the things of God. All I was hearing was as follows:
- Christ lives in me
- I am a new creation in Christ
- The old has gone and the new has come
- It’s no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me
- It’s natural to be spiritual
- I am loved and accepted by God
- I am an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ
- Sin is no longer my master
- I belong to Christ and no-one can snatch me out of his hand
- I am full of power by the Spirit of the Lord
- I can do all things through him
- I am alive by God’s Spirit
The Lord said, I need/we need to stop talking empty worldly rubbish and start talking about all that he has done and continues to do in and through our lives.
This is a great key for me and I’m so thankful that the Holy Spirit is our helper, to guide, lead and convict us.
Until next time, may God bless and keep you and help you to grow in him. Blessings Lynda.